As enjoyable as jet-setting to new destinations can be, international travel…
by Latitude Expeditions
When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information through your browser, usually in the form of cookies. Since we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to permit data collection from certain types of services. However, not allowing these services may impact your experience.
DRIVER & LICENCE REQUIREMENT
When you pick the car up or get the car delivered to you, you will need:
You must be at least 25 years old to drive this car
At Pick-up or delivery, the main driver will need their credit card (not cash or debit card) and PIN so our staff can block the security deposit (OMR 250.00)
Latitude will usually unblock deposits 3-5 working days after a rental
Accepted cards are Visa and MasterCard
If the car’s bodywork gets damaged you’re covered by the Collision Damage Wavier if selected and depending on the type of coverage selected.
This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement. It doesn’t cover other parts of the car (e.g. windows, wheels, interior or undercarriage, and Modification Kit), or charges (e.g. for towing or off-road time), or anything in the car (e.g. child seats, GPS devices or personal belongings).
Collision Damage Waiver is an optional service which, if accepted, reduces your financial liability for damage to the Hertz vehicle, its parts and accessories, except for theft, attempted theft or vandalism, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement. CDW may be mandatory and included in some contract or preferential rates.
If CDW is declined, you will be responsible for the full replacement value of the vehicle. Regardless of whether CDW is accepted or included, all rentals are subject to a non-waivable excess of OMR 100.00 for which you are responsible in the event of damage to the Latitude vehicle during the rental.
Please note your liability for damage to or loss of the vehicle will not be reduced where you or an authorized driver are grossly negligent (for example failure to assess the vehicle’s height, driving on unsuitable road conditions, improper use of the vehicle, contribution to damage to / theft of the vehicle) and in particular, but not limited to, in the following circumstances:
– Striking overhead or overhanging objects;
– Driving into a barrier that is too low for the vehicle to pass beneath;
– Driving into a barrier in a car park before it fully opens;
– Driving on a road in bad condition without due care resulting in damage to the undercarriage;
– Driving on a beach causing damage by salt water;
– Driving through flooded roads causing damage to the engine;
– Putting wrong fuel in the vehicle or otherwise contaminating the fuel;
– Damage occurring as a result of ignoring a warning light;
– Damage to the wheel rim caused by driving with a flat tyre;
– Fitting unauthorized objects to the interior or exterior of the vehicle;
– Carrying especially dirty or smelly materials that require extra cleaning costs or that damage or burn the interior;
– Damage resulting from locking the keys in the vehicle or losing the keys;
– Damage resulting from leaving the windows open.
Also note, that the CDW does not cover the additional items outfitted to the vehicles, which includes:
– Front Steel Bar;
– Rear Steel Bar;
– Rear spare wheel carrier;
– Rear Jerrycan carrier;
– Side Shade Awning;
– Roof Rack;
– Snorkel; and
– Suspension Kit.
If you choose to rely on your credit card for cover, we strongly recommend that you fully understand the terms and conditions of any cover provided by your credit card company before you decline any of our optional services.